UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam Reasoning Study Material: Check General Mental Ability (Reasoning) Topics & Important Questions with Answers for the preparation of UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam for recruitment to 421 posts of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer.
UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam Reasoning Study Material: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has postponed EPFO 2021 Exam and will release the new exam dates on its official website – upsc.gov.in. The written exam will be conducted in offline mode across different exam centres for recruitment to 421 posts of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer in Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), M/o Labour and Employment.
The Recruitment Test (RT) will be an Offline Exam (Pen & Paper Based) consisting of Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs):
a) The test will be of two hours duration.
b) All questions will carry equal marks.
c) The test will be objective-type questions with multiple choices of answers.
d) The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
e) 1/3rd marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
f) PwD candidates shall be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in the RT and facility of Scribe
UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam – Important General Mental Ability (Reasoning) Topics
Here are some important topics from the General Mental Ability (Reasoning) Subject of UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam:
General Mental Ability (Reasoning)
Sequence of figures, Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Puzzle Test, Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Inferences, Data sufficiency, Non-Verbal Reasoning
UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam – Important Questions for General Mental Ability (Reasoning)
Below are some important questions covering the main concepts of General Mental Ability (Reasoning):
1. Consider the following series:
11:20, 11:40, 12:20, ?, 14:40, 16:20
Which one of the following is the missing time in the series given above?
2. In a certain language COLLEGE is coded as DNNJHDI. How will FOREIGN be coded in the same language?
3. Which one of the following statements must be FALSE if ABCD are to be seated in a row; C and D are not to be adjacent to each other; and B is not to be at the third place?
(a) A is at the fourth place
(b) A is at the third place
(c) A is at the second place
(d) A is at the first place
4. If prime numbers are assigned to English letters from A to Z in order, then MAT will be:
(a) 31 1 67
(b) 41 1 67
(c) 37 2 71
(d) 41 2 71
5. Consider the following statements and conclusions:
- All the pens are papers
- All the papers are boats
- Some birds are papers
- Some boats are birds
- Some birds are pens
- No pens are birds
Which of the conclusions logically follow from the statements given above?
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 2 and 3
6. A person goes 5 km towards the north from a fixed point. Then he goes 3 km after turning to his right. After this he goes 5 km after turning to his right. Finally, he goes 4 km after turning to his left. How far and in which direction is he now from the fixed point?
(a) 7 km east
(b) 7 km northeast
(c) 9 km east
(d) 4 km west
7. Consider the following series:
2L4, 3O5, 4R6, 5U7, ?
Which one of the following is the missing figure in the series given above?
8. In the series of the first 24 natural numbers 1 to 24, if each four consecutive numbers from the left are written in the reverse order, then which one of the following numbers will be the 8th number to the left of the 10th number from your right?
9. If ‘PXQ’ means P is the brother of Q, ‘P/Q’ means P is the son of Q and ‘P-Q’ means P is the sister of Q, then which one of the following will show that Q is the maternal uncle of P?
(a) P/R-Q and QXS
(b) P/R-Q and Q- S
(c) QXR/P and QXS
(d) PXR-Q and QXS