BR AMBEDKAR BIHAR UNIVERSITY
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University popularly also known as B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University, is a state university located in the north prime of Bihar state in the city of Muzaffarpur in India. Established in 1960, this university has 37 constituent colleges. Distance education courses are also offered. Besides, the university organizes symposium, seminars and workshops. It is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level. BR AMBEDKAR BIHAR UNIVERSITY
The Courses offered by the University are approved from University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers various full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level. The university also acts as an affiliated link between several colleges and institutes located across the state in providing higher education. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The University Grants Commission has been assisting colleges for procuring personal computers since 1987 under the scheme of providing computers to Colleges. In the X Plan UGC proposes to establish UGC Network Resource Centres (UGC-NRC) in Colleges, where assistance would be provided for the purchase of Computers and also for Internet Connectivity. All Colleges under UGC purview i.e. under section 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act which are not having computer facility so far under this scheme.
- On 02.01.1952 Universities of Bihar was separated from Patna University, but with its headquarters at Patna.
- In the year 1960 – The Bihar State Universities Act 1960 bifurcated the existing University of Bihar into three separate Universities, namely; (1) Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (2) Ranchi University, Ranchi (3) Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.
- Again in the year 1961 – The Bihar University Act 1961 bifurcated the existing Bihar University, Muzaffarpur into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
- Again in the year 1973 Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Mithila University,Darbhanga.
- In the year 1990 – Again Bihar University, Muzaffarpur was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and J.P. University, Chapra.
- In the year 1992 – The name of Bihar University was changed to BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR BIHAR UNIVERSITY, MUZAFFARPUR and since then it is known as B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
- Category : BBA